PDA

View Full Version : Access to Member Albums

Andre van As
05-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Frequently when I want to view a member's album displayed on the front page after I log in I get the following message below. This usually applies only to one or two of the albums displayed and I am at the same time able to get access to the others. I am a subscribing BPN member and am up to date with my dues. Is there something additional that I have to do or is this a quirk of the web site? "you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
etc"
Thanks for any input you can suppplyAndre:S3:

Grady Weed
05-06-2012, 01:18 PM
I get that message too on ocassion. I also would be interested in an answer.

Chris Ober
05-09-2012, 09:39 AM
It's sort of a glitch with the permissions and galleries. Only members can have a gallery. If someone is a member, creates a gallery and then for some reason is no longer a member, their gallery becomes inaccessible since they don't have the software permissions to have a gallery any longer. It's not that you don't have access to view the galleries, it's because the person that created the gallery no longer has access to retain that gallery.

Unfortunately, we have to wait for the vendor to provide a lasting fix, if they choose to.

Andre van As
05-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi Chris
Thanks for the explanation. My high level of paranoia can now diminish.

Regards

Andre