PDA

View Full Version : Young Roseate Spoonbill Banking On Arrival.

Daniel Cadieux
05-05-2012, 07:29 PM
You guessed right if you thought this was taken from the Hooptie Deux:S3:. I had the pleasure of spending two great days with Captain Shadle recently (including one morning with Gail B.)...well worth it if you are ever down his way. I was happy to see many young fledglings as I had not had the pleasure of photographing spoonbills at that age yet.

Canon 7D + 100-400L @350mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/2000s., f/6.3, ISO 400 (settings histogram checked), natural light, handheld, cropped from horizontal (full-frame top to bottom).

Marina Scarr
05-05-2012, 07:43 PM
It was great meeting and getting to know you during your Florida trip, Daniel. Glad you made it out on the Hooptie Deux, and what a trip it must have been. This is an awesome image. Just love the pose, esp the fanned tail and the black markings on the juvenile are so visible. Good head angle. You really nailed this one.

arash_hazeghi
05-05-2012, 07:45 PM
excellent topside view and wing position, you nailed it good exp. too

jack williamson
05-05-2012, 07:48 PM
This is another beauty Daniel. This is a great backside view and the colors look real good. Great focus and sharpness over the whole bird.

Jack

gail bisson
05-05-2012, 07:49 PM
This is lovely Daniel!Great topside view and love the fanned tail and even colored green BG.Excellent techs! Whites look great as well.
gail

dankearl
05-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Beautiful view Daniel.
Pretty much the perfect topside view.

Randy Stout
05-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Daniel:

Lovely exposure and wing details, banking pose, colors.

Neat to see one this age, as I haven't ever been out this time of year.

I might try a version with a minor crop off the top. I know you like symmetrical crops ( balanced top and bottom) for reflection images, but for this type of image, I think a smidge off the top would be a viable option.

Are we going to see some sandhill images too?

Cheers

Randy

Troy Lim
05-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Such a sweet banking shot Daniel. Love the exposure and DOF.

christopher galeski
05-06-2012, 04:05 AM
its all been said,beautiful image,well done.

Daniel Cadieux
05-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks giys!

Marina, yes, it was a real pleasure meeting you out at Ft. Desoto.

Randy, that would be a perfect crop for a 4 x 5 aspect ratio...and yes, you'll see some Sandhill Cranes from me in the near future:S3:

Stu Bowie
05-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi Dan, good banking angle showing the dorsal view nicely. Interesting darker markings on their wing tips, and this guy pops nicely from the darker foliage BG.

yogesh_puranik
05-06-2012, 11:15 AM
fantastic banking pose with superb details..Daniel just one query. Normally i have seen you not zoomed till 400mm. Any specific reason or normally you able to go close to reduce the zoom..

Daniel Cadieux
05-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys! Yogesh, the spoonbills were coming close at times and I simply zoomed out a bit to avoid clipping the wings or having them too close to the edge (which happens alot at times!!)

Peter Seidel
05-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Very nice capture Daniel. The subtle pink tones come through nicely. I might leave just a bit more room on the right side, though not much. May also add just a slight touch of contrast to the bird to bring out more of the feather detail.

Great shot.

Pete