Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Manual mode
1/500"
F18
ISO 200
Canon 430EX with extended bounce card: On, Fired
HH
CS5

This is one of the toads that frequents my bug attracting setup. It's either an American Toad or possibly a hybrid between an American Toad and a Fowler's Toad.

Cropped, SH, contrast, decreased saturation of red & yellows, cloned out a few spectral highlights, NR on BG, smart and high-pass sharpening, selective sharpening on eyes.

thijs broekkamp
05-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Nice, full in frame and good sharpness. Maybe with a lower angle you would get a nicer background

Jerry van Dijk
05-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Mr. Hutt looks a little grumpy today :S3:! Great texture and colors. I might consider a slight CW rotation.

christopher galeski
05-08-2012, 03:34 AM
nice image,the title is spot on.well done.

Steve Maxson
05-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Ken. This is one of those images that should be on a humorous greeting card somewhere. :bg3: The facial expression is very appealing (in an anthropomorphic way). I like the low shooting angle and you have nice light and good sharpness. If this was mine, I'd be tempted to blur/remove a few of the light/dark object in the background on the right side of the frame - just to smooth it out a little more. This is very well done!

OvidiuCavasdan
05-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Nice light and details. Bg colour works well...and I like that face!

Ken Childs
05-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Mr. Hutt looks a little grumpy today :S3:! Great texture and colors. I might consider a slight CW rotation.
Jerry, I'd already tried a CW rotation, thinking that getting the mouth a little more level might look better but it looked way off without the front legs being level.

Andrew McLachlan
05-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi Ken, I too love the toads expression. Priceless! It looks like a female American Toad to me. Fowler's are quite rare up here these days and I have never seen one, but if they are common in your neck of the woods it could be a hybrid as you mention.