PDA

View Full Version : Adding metadata automatically to CS3

Lance Warley
04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
I did this when I set up Lightroom (I forget how, but it was in Scott's book), but I can't find a way to set it to be done automatically in every file I open in CS3 without first using Lightroom:

In File Info, every file should display the Description pulldown that says "Copyrighted" and add the Copyright Notice text that I want.

Can this be done in CS3? Help, please?

Axel Hildebrandt
04-15-2008, 09:18 PM
If I understand your question correctly then you could include all the info you want into file info and make it an action, for example when converting to jpg.

Lance Warley
04-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks Axel, but you would still have to execute the action for every file. In Lightroom, you only have to do it once.

Robert O'Toole
04-16-2008, 07:36 PM
To do exactly as you are asking you would have to write a script that would applied after you opened the file and before it is displayed. This could be done easily.
Photoshop was not designed to do this type of thing automatically.
Bridge was designed to do this type of thing. You can create a template, save it. Then with advanced dialog apply the template as the images are imported. Or you can apply to a batch.
Cant really help more without more details.

Robert

Lance Warley
04-17-2008, 06:00 AM
Thanks, Robert.

Net net: It's a lot harder in CS3 than it is in Lightroom.

Robert O'Toole
04-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Yes of course but PS was never desined to do that, its place in the worksflow process is later down the line from importing images. So it was never desiged to add metadata automatically when importing or opening images.

If you are happy with importing with LR just keep doing it the way it works now :)

I use downloader pro to add XMP metadata and extra info to the file names.

Robert