PDA

View Full Version : Least Tern Portrait II

Oscar Zangroniz
04-15-2008, 11:05 AM
How does this one compare to Harold's from April 12?

Nikon D200
Sigma 50-500mm w/ 1.4tc
Focal Length: 700mm
Shutter: 1/2000
Aperture: F9
ISO: 400
Exposure : Manual
Flash: Yes

Comments and critiques always welcome.
Thank you all,
Regards

Gus Cobos
04-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi Osacr,
Composition is nice; would crop just a tad from the bottom and the top of the frame. The background is a wee bit too dark, and your bird is kind of soft on my monitor, out of focus, the eye could use some sharpening...:eek:
Keep them coming...:D

Harold Davis
04-15-2008, 03:04 PM
[quote=Oscar Zangroniz;68390]How does this one compare to Harold's from April 12?

now why did you want to go and do that?:D now i ask you, how do you think they compare?

i like yours too. different, but i like it. agree with gus, it does look a tad soft and the bg is a little dark. i dont mind the bg being dark, but i do see some noise.

if i am not mistaking, mine actually goes against a rule in art. i think it says that you are not supposed to bring your subject in from a corner. you didnt break that rule, but i would crop a little off the bottom. i hope someone can confirm that rule.

Alfred Forns
04-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi Oscar it also looks somewhat under exposed? It will make it look even softer due to the lack of contrast Interesting crop for these guys I sort of like it !!!

On manual there is no listed compensation but you are compensating from the meter reading !!! This needed some plus !!!

Oscar Zangroniz
04-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey Harold. Just wanted to compare the images since we were both taking from the same angle and we both had to crop to get the roof of the gazebo and the other bird out of the way. I hope you did not get offended by my comment.
Regards my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harold Davis
04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Oscar, there is no way you could ever offend me. i was just having some fun with you. i guess it did sound a little harsh after i read back what i wrote. sorry about that!!