PDA

View Full Version : Blacklit Reddish Egret (White Morph)

Daniel Cadieux
05-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I was in Florida last week, and I knew it was going to be good when on the very first morning this white morph Reddish Egret was out and about at Ft. Desoto. After making its way along some heavily shaded bushes it took off in front of me, and with a proper exposure for the whites the background was rendered virtually all black. A couple of blotches of faint green were patched out in post.

Canon 7D + 100-400L @330mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/2000s., f/6.3, ISO 400 (settings histogram checked), natural light, handheld, cropped for composition (about 75% FF). Bill-tip lightened a bit via dodge tool to avoid being lost in the black background.

dankearl
05-03-2012, 08:31 PM
The exposure (especially getting the far wing out of the shadows) is just excellent.
Very nice wing position also.

Randy Stout
05-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Daniel:

I llke the pose, angle in frame, excellent exposure on whites, striking contrast between bird and BG, good job on bill, could easily have disappeared against this background

Look forward to many more from your trip.

Cheers

Randy

christopher galeski
05-03-2012, 11:04 PM
very nice,nice exposure,would like a bit more on the left,you are the man with this lens.well done.

Peter Scholer
05-04-2012, 01:59 AM
I look forward to the day when I can capture such an excellent image. The contrast of white and black is very appealing. Along with super sharpness and detail in a wonderful flight pose.

Dumay de Boulle
05-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Man the white pops from the black BG. Love the wing postion and the detail is fantastic..Nicely done Daniel!

gail bisson
05-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Hi Daniel,
A great image. Love the black against white and terrific that the bill is visible against the black BG. Love the wing position and detail.
Gail

jack williamson
05-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Very well done Daniel, this is quite a striking image with none of the bird lost in the bg.

Jack

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-04-2012, 06:21 PM
very striking indeed, Daniel. have been waiting to see your Florida images. that place is great for us 400mm shooters. wish I could go there some day for photography. My past visits have been Disneyland, south beach, key west, glass bottom tour and such :-)

loved the dark BG. well done on exposing this one. excellent wing stroke.

Roman Kurywczak
05-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Hey Daniel,
You know I love dark BGs......and this is no exception. Great timing and pose.....excellent joblightening the bill too!