EF 500 IS L
Windowbracket

f8 / 1/1600 / ISO 500

50% Crop of FF Processed in RPP + PS CS5 ,NR ,levels ,curves,LCE,sharpening

C&C most welcome

Cheers Andreas

Dumay de Boulle
05-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Nicely cropped and presented. Maybe a touch more space below if you have it and a bit more contrast or upping the blacks in selective color! I like it a lot!

Ken Watkins
05-04-2012, 01:29 AM
This is remarkably "clear". I agree with Dumay on his suggestions and a little more room in particular at the bottom to avoid the slight clip of the lower leg.

Rachel Hollander
05-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Andreas - good action, nicely captured. I also agree with the above suggestions for taking this up a notch.

TFS,
Rachel

Sid Garige
05-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Adreas,

Great action and well composed image. Techs are spot on too. Agree with little more space below.

Steve Kaluski
05-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi Andreas, a powerful and action packed image. Like Dumay, I had the same idea about tweaking the colours last night when I viewed it, but Peter Delaney who frequents the area a lot & posts, has also mentioned how the light changes the colours in this location, so I will hold reserve on that. More room if you have it would help.

BTW you don't have to post African images, if you have others then please posts, as it nice to see diversity here. Plus another advantage if you become a member, is you are then eligible for us to pick your images and put them into selection for Image of the Week. :S3:

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Thank you guys for your comments, i appreciate that.

Sorry there was no more room on the bottom ,so i had to choose that crop.

To Steve ,i know that i do not "have" to post pictures from africa,but thats where i have the biggest collection from.I just travel once a year for holidays somewhere into the world,at home i do not really have time to photograph a lot.The area where i live is not good wildlife photography wise .I think in the last ten years I'm have been 7 times to SA and Namibia.
I would like to become a member,but i cannot pay the fees .Simply because the only option for payment is via PAYPAL,and i cannot use my bank account or CC with PAYPAL for some reason.
So if one of you guys can tell me a way to get around that problem,i would be more than happy to become a member !!!!!!!!

So please STEVE help me out.

Looking forward to hear a solution.

Cheers Andreas

Dumay de Boulle
05-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Here my thoughts on the image. Just added som blacks in selective color and whitening of the whites. Hope you dont mind

Andreas Liedmann
05-04-2012, 01:31 PM
hello Dumay
thanx for the repost i like it.You gave the image a bit more punch.But i am not sure about the whites?? Etosha is difficult to explain,but my impression of whites is that they appear ,in some situations like this one here,more on the yellow side. Just personal i think !!

But i still like the post.

Cheers Andreas

Nancy Bell
05-05-2012, 07:02 PM
From a visual point of view, I like the deeper blacks of Dumay's repost. Andreas, you captured a great moment showing the full set of teeth on the top zebra & a nice gleam in the eye!

Ken Watkins
05-05-2012, 10:54 PM
.You gave the image a bit more punch.But i am not sure about the whites?? Etosha is difficult to explain,but my impression of whites is that they appear ,in some situations like this one here,more on the yellow side.

Cheers Andreas

Andreas,

The question as to the whiteness of Zebras stripes has always puzzled me as to my eyes there is a difference between Burchell's (Plains) Zebra between those in Eastern and Southern Africa. the later being darker and having a sometimes very noticable shadow stripe. The colour can also be effected by the area in which they live and the colour of the dust they roll in (unless it has rained recently).

I have been to Etosha many many times and think that your comment on the "yellowness" of the stripes is probably correct. There are also some very very black Zebra in Etosha with virtually no white stripes, I posted an image a long time ago which is no longer on line.

I do like the boost in Blacks though:S3:

Dumay de Boulle
05-06-2012, 05:42 AM
No worries Andreas, I know what you mean regarding yellow in the whites. Its usually from the soil or combo of soil and shadow stripes.

Steve Canuel
05-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Nice composition. Just a touch more space below to give the foot some room for me.

Morkel Erasmus
05-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Great action here Andreas! I agree with wanting a tad more room at the bottom...and like Dumay's repost VERY much for the punch it's added...but I hear you about the whites, often they appear yellowish and/or dirty.
We'll have to flag up your payment issue with our webmaster - hopefully he can sort you out! :S3:

Steve Kaluski
05-07-2012, 01:34 AM
We'll have to flag up your payment issue with our webmaster - hopefully he can sort you out!

Already done last week Morkel.