PDA

View Full Version : The Bold One

Kiran Khanzode
05-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Here's another Tiger cub shot, but with a story/scene...

Late evening, as we turned on a hilly slope on our way out of the park , there they were...smack in the middle of the road, all 3 of them.
They were waiting for their mother, who had apparently gone hunting. They ate the next day (we saw them again).

Until this moment, no one had decent photo evidence of these 3 cubs, we gladly obliged by turning on our cameras. Only 2 other jeeps were with us at this sighting. Suddenly, our gamble of taking this specific route with less traffic had paid off that evening (well, it had almost failed). We were getting awfully late....and it was getting darker and darker by the minute.

Thankfully, after a few minutes, this one decided to hop on to a log right next to the road as we started our vehicle's engine.

These Banbehi cubs will be the ones to watch next spring...they are b-o-l-d !!

EOS 7D, 300mm @2.8, ISO 800, 1/100s, full frame, off-center AF point, hand-held from jeep.

Bandhavgarh National Park, India.

Regards,
Kiran

Ken Watkins
05-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Kiran,

This is wonderful, what an intense stare, the late light has certainly added to this. My only and very minor nit would be a little more space on top:cheers:

Morkel Erasmus
05-03-2012, 02:57 AM
you did very well to fit this guy in at full frame, Kiran.
will be a tad tight for some but I quitel like it as presented, and the shallow DOF is my cup-o-tea with the tack sharp eyes that pierce my soul :bg3:
I wonder if it might need a very slight lift in levels/curves?

Rachel Hollander
05-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Kiran - The pose on the log, slight twist to the body, head on stare and excellent IQ all combine to make a great image. Tightness doesn't bother me. Those paws are huge.

TFS,
Rachel

Harshad Barve
05-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Very nice shot indeed
TFS

Dumay de Boulle
05-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Very nice eye and good colors contact but too tight for my tatse. TFS Kiran!