PDA

View Full Version : Luderitz Sunrise Namibia

Vivaldo Damilano
05-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Merged three images in photoshop, with some difficulty but managed to get it right after a bit of practice :S3: I had to do some cloning bottom left, as I found a few foot print.
Nikon D3s 14-24 F2.8 lens. ISO200

Morkel Erasmus
05-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I love the dark pre-dawn feel here Vivaldo. For a first-time blend you did very well, looks very natural!
Nice FG rocks...just wish there was something in the sky like pink clouds or so...that being said it does work nicely as is...:5

Robert Amoruso
05-02-2012, 03:58 PM
I like the strong diagonal leading line the rocks make, but find the BG lights distracting. Though a different vantage point might have changed the diagonal, the lack of BG lights may be preferrable.

I recommend a crop from the top using a ROT grid placing the upper horizontal line at the horizontal.

Horizon looks a bit slanted CCW and perphaps distorted.

In repost I:

1) Straightened horizon.
2) Cropped per above.
3) Opened up shadows using PSCS5 and Shadow/Highlight adjustment
4) Local Contrast Enhancement using USM BG Copy at 30/50/0 (see my links at top of this forum).
5) Sharpened.

Vivaldo Damilano
05-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Thanks Morkel and Robert :S3: Robert thanks for help, the image has improved with a bit of TCE and S/H and also like the new composition. I have read your tutorial, it's very helpful thank you. I will definitely start using your workflow on my future images.

Rachel Hollander
05-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Vivaldo - nicely done and Robert's tweaks have really taken this to another level.

TFS,
Rachel

Jay Gould
05-05-2012, 09:03 AM
The OP is special; the RP rocks! Well done both of you.

thijs broekkamp
05-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Very nice atmosphere in this picture. Not sure about the composition, i have the feeling that the foreground isn't that interesting. And maybe you could let your foreground start from the rocks, not the sand, to give an more interesting introduction to the image

Andrew Aveley
05-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Great image with some awesome tips and work by Robert. Agree with Morks on the clouds but still , true Luderitz in the early morning. Blending looks great

Vivaldo Damilano
05-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks for all comments:S3: