Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Focal Length 700.0mm
White Balance Mode Daylight
AF Mode AI Servo AF
AF area select mode Spot AF
Picture Style Standard
Color Space Adobe RGB
Drive Mode High-speed continuous shooting

I cloned out a grass seed head and stem that was running straight up his chest, other than that it is a straight shot.

This was a different wheatear to my previous, again a slow approach and then getting down and dirty, I was rewarded by the bird coming to me, I was more or less at minimum focal distance and was in two minds if I should remove the TC. A it turned out I was wise to leave the TC on because very shortly after this shot was taken a dog scared him off.

Gerald Kelberg
05-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Hi Jon, Nice sharp image, good light and pose. I also like how the grasses speak about the typical environment for the wheatear! Thanks for sharing, Gerald

Stu Bowie
05-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Hi Jon, excellent low angle, and something I should start doing if possible.:w3 I like the inquistive pose, sharp, and you have brought out the finer plumage nicely. Looks like the little guy was aware of you. The wheatear pops nicely from the distant OOF BG.

Daniel Cadieux
05-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Good fieldcraft, always satisfying when it works out after some careful work. Too bad about the dog though!

I like the image alot, I just wish the subject's posture had been more upright but I still like the inquisitive pose.