PDA

View Full Version : Watership Down-under

Simon Bennett
04-15-2008, 06:25 AM
They might look cute, but these young introduced European Rabbits are a curse in Australia.

Canon 400D, EF400 f/5.6, tripod, evaluative, ec 0, ISO400 f/5.6, 1/250, full width with pano crop.

Robert Amoruso
04-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Hi Simon,

Nice bunny pano. I really appreciate that title - love the movie.

Overall I lke the image and the alertness of the rabbits. If you are OK with cloning out elements, I would lose the leaf on the lower right. The whites due to the high-contrast light are a bit much so I downloaded it and worked on it a while. I did the following:

In the channels palette I held down the CTRL key and double-clicked on the RGB channel. This produces a selection weighted towards the highlights.
CRTL-C to copy and then CTRL-V the paste the selection into a new layer.
Change the blending mode to Multiply to darken the highlights - this also lowers the gamma and contrast of the image.
Levels adjustment and moved the mid-tone slider to increase the gamma (brightness).
Selective Color adjustment and added black 10% to the black and neutral channels to increase inherent contrast.

It still might be a bit flat, but working on the highlights to tame them in the original TIFF will work out better.

Axel Hildebrandt
04-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Very cute and I like the composition. I like the changes in Robert's repost.

Roman Kurywczak
04-18-2008, 10:49 AM
My only suggestion is fixing the something??? that is protruding out the right bottom of frame. Hard to believe the little cute guys are such a pest!
I also like Robert's repost but these are minor fixes. Very nicely done,
Roman