PDA

View Full Version : Coltsfoot

Ed Vatza
04-15-2008, 05:07 AM
One more from the weekend.

1/125 sec at f/8; ISO 400; EC = 0; FEC = -2

John Cooper
04-15-2008, 07:03 AM
I like this flower framed off-center Ed but I feel the composition would be stronger if the petals extended to the left edge replacing the BG altogether. I would also try to bring all of the petals into focus using F16 or F22.

Robert O'Toole
04-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Nice image but I agree with John's points.
Also I would run some NR on the BG area, and the yellow looks like it has a little bit of a color cast.

Robert

Roman Kurywczak
04-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi Ed,
I'm going against the others with the comp on this one as I like the placement of the center of the flower in the ROT (rule of thirds). As for the NR on the BG......definitely......... as for more DOF.........I usually like the f22's and up.......but in this one the softness on the outside edges is pulling me into the center of the flower, which IMO was your intended point of interest. All the other stuff is tweaking. I like it overall,
Roman

Mike Moats
04-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey Ed, Very nice image and I agree with John on extending the petals to the edge and maybe some more DOF.

Ed Vatza
04-17-2008, 04:11 AM
Thank you all for your feedback and critiques. I will keep (actually have kept already) your suggestions in mind in my future forays into the field.

I can obviously crop out the background on the left but alas, I did not make any images higher than f/8 on this one. I guess I could have gone to ISO 800 and maybe gotten up to f/11 or f/13 with adequate shutter speed had I tried. Lesson learned.