PDA

View Full Version : Quetzal - fire in the morning sun

Richard Unsworth
04-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi

Well thought I would just post this as I depart for a month in the Portuguese Mountains - who knows what I might find there!

Here I was alone with the Quetzal, somewhere on the road from Savegre to Los Lagos, CR.

Out he came for one BURST OF SHOTS only; I accidentally deleted the rest so I never knew what they were like - sad but true lol

SS jusrt 1/15 Ev ISO 640 f5.6 Ev +1.66 Tripod - wild settings

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ryan Schain
04-29-2012, 08:49 PM
I like the bird. The bottom is too close to the tail for my liking, the image is not in focus (especially noticeable on the head and perch), and there is a purple cast to the image(especially noticeable on the background, but also on the bird and perch).

Kaustubh Deshpande
04-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Beautiful bird. rich colors. SS was too low I think for a sharp shot. must have been exciting.

Peter Scholer
04-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Amazing bird. What a beautiful tail. SS 1/15 is very low. At least you got the shot. Attractive lichen/moss perch too.