PDA

View Full Version : Egret, w/ 1DX

Charles Glatzer
04-29-2012, 06:09 AM
1DX pre-production, 500mm
1/400 @ f/8, ISO 800
LR4, CS6, NIK

Canon loaned me a pre-production 1DX this past week. The camera is impressive in hand with greatly improved ergonomics and improved functionality. It appeared with my limited in-flight use to AF quickly and accurately, and maintain tracking even with busy backgrounds :~) Static subjects were tack sharp. I really liked the spot focus and AF expansion capability. Images looked smooth and the color produced is the most accurate I have used to date. Even the reds were outstanding. I only shot ISO 200-1600, and the lack of noise and pixel structure looked impressive. The 1DX and my new 600EX-RT flashes produced highly accurate flash images in ETTL. The flash is easy to use with clearly defined buttons and a new layout. The additional power, zoom to 200mm, and wireless capability make this Canon's best flash to date. I am greatly looking forward to using the new bodies after delivery... this coming June/July.

Best, Chas in FL

Marina Scarr
04-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Lovely whites with great details and nice angle. Like the greens in the BG very much and the environment works. I keep coming back to the clipped feet and the photo looks a tad off balance b/c there is so much space at the top.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Agree with Marina about the whites. I do like the habitat inclusion. The yellowish BG and the yellow mask of the bird makes and nice play.