PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Roses

Judy Howle
04-28-2012, 10:02 PM
I was inspired by Julie's antique rose to try something similar with mine. Mostly Nik filters mixed with Topaz filters on various layers and a vignette or two :bg3: Well it looks different on here than in Photoshop! I have other versions and might have to make a change. Any suggestions to make it look more vintage? Maybe a texture??

Indranil Sircar
04-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Hi Judy, this is beautiful! You could try the Topaz Adjust 5 Black Rose preset under toned collection and change the settings to get to the look you want. For me, I like it as presented. Very nice processing.

Judy Howle
04-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks Indranil! It looks better in the light of day this morning.

John Storjohann
04-29-2012, 10:44 AM
A nice job of "antiquing" the image...I might be tempted to open the shadows up a bit...it definitely has that look of a hand-painted image going on! Well done.

Judy Howle
04-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks John. I did open them some from the first filtering but I like kinda like the contrast now. I also toned down the highlights a good bit by layering it with a previous image layer without those Nik filters which changed the color by adding more red to the original mauve but it lowered the contrast.

denise ippolito
04-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Judy, I like the toning and the aged look. I agree with opening up the shadows a tiny bit.

Andrew McLachlan
04-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi Judy, a lovely cluster of blossoms. No suggestions for the aging, but I bet it would make a killer fract :S3: