PDA

View Full Version : GBH in flight

Ian Cassell
04-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Canon 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L HH 1/3200 sec f/7.1 ISO 400 Levels and sharpening in CS5 Cleaned up some debris on water and added some real estate on LH for heron to fly in to in CS5

gary ellwein
04-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Ian, the GBH is tack sharp with good wing position and the water makes a great bg. The transection of the image by the bank is unfortunate. You may want to match the the water line in the added real estate to the rest of the image.

Gary

Wendy Kates
04-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Ian, the heron is incredibly sharp and beautifully captured. I also like the perfect reflection of the wings in the water. Really well done. --Wendy

Kerry Perkins
04-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Hi Ian, I agree that the only major issue with the image is the added canvas on the left. The water line jumps up abruptly and gives away the processing. There is also some obvious pattern repetition in the ULC. Other than that, this capture looks great to me! In my limited experience, this bird doesn't ever seem to look at the photographer! Love the low shooting angle and the detail. Color balance looks good too. Well done!

Ian Cassell
04-30-2012, 12:28 AM
OK, I'll go back and work on that canvas. I thought a bit of change in the shoreline would make it look more natural, but I guess the vote is against it :)

I agree with your observation, Kerry. I've taken zillions of GBH images and I never seem to get one flying at me ... always across or away (although they will occasionally look at me when they are standing still).

Ronald Zigler
04-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Wonderful shot Ian. I like the way the wings reflect the water.