PDA

View Full Version : Avocets under attack

Richard Unsworth
04-27-2012, 01:35 PM
:e3

While observing these two , suddenly they were mobbed quite ferociously by Black headed Gulls.
Female Avocet was so upset she ducked under the water
Pretty hard to pull off as the Gull is travelling at some speed in the foreground

7D 100-400 Manual exp 1/500 ISO 400 f 5.6 Ev 0 SSpot Focus
curves, NR and Smart S
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Doug Brown
04-28-2012, 06:20 PM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">Cool action captured. I like the Avocet with its head under water! I also like the strong blur of the gull. Tough to capture the action and the dynamic range at the same time when the light is low; ISO 800 would have helped with a bit more shutter speed and a little more exposure. As presented the blacks are blocked.

Richard Unsworth
04-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Thanks Doug

well not sure what is going on; it seems something is wrong when posting jpeg, look fine on my PC, terribly dark online and on Mac.
This image does not have blocked blacks as taken but certainly does as presented, so I need to have a look at what is going on. The Torgon pic posted yesterday has gone the same way lol. Copy re the ISO.
Anyone know what might be going on? cant seem to find anything wrong? Will recalibrate