PDA

View Full Version : HERON BALLET

Arno Ellmer
04-27-2012, 05:31 AM
Image of a Grey Heron on take-off ,shot at a local bird sanctuary earlier this morning , in superb sunny and mild autumn weather.
I quite liked the body and wing position.
Canon Mk IV
400mm F5.6
1/3200
f/8
ISO 800
EC + 1/3
Hand held
cropped allround

Tom Rambaut
04-27-2012, 06:18 AM
I certainly like the pose and the anticipation of flight. I may give the bird more room if it is possible. Bring on the southern hemisphere autumn light - summer light is just too harsh down here. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
04-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Great pose and fine details. I don't dislike the format but I have a feeling a 3:2 composition would look good. Perhaps you have made this crop due to foliage.

Alan Murphy
04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Very elegant. More room on the bottom for me as the feet are a bit close to the frame.

Kaustubh Deshpande
04-27-2012, 05:23 PM
very different. I liked it. the subtle head turn helps...excellent pose with those wings. One foot on and one off is awesome. A vertical will also work...if you have that kind of room bottom and top.

Marina Scarr
04-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Lovely pose. Nice and sharp with good exposure. I agree on more room, esp on the bottom. Agree that a vertical would work too if you have the canvas.

Arno Ellmer
04-28-2012, 12:27 PM
very different. I liked it. the subtle head turn helps...excellent pose with those wings. One foot on and one off is awesome. A vertical will also work...if you have that kind of room bottom and top.

Hi Kaustubh , thanks for the kind and constructive comments.Changed to vertical comp as suggested and more room at the bottom.I think it works much better. Your opinion on the repost ?

Arno Ellmer
04-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Lovely pose. Nice and sharp with good exposure. I agree on more room, esp on the bottom. Agree that a vertical would work too if you have the canvas.

Hi Marina , thanks for the kind comments and suggestions. See my reply to Kaustubh.

Arno

Dudley Watson
05-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Hi Arno

I like the vertical crop as it gives more focus on the impending lift off.