PDA

View Full Version : Privet

jack williamson
04-26-2012, 02:18 PM
D700, 300mm, 1.4tc, tripod. 1/160, f5.6, ISO800. Adjusted exp in ACR. Levels and USM in CS3. Full frame. I was using this as a perch for birds. It is one of the last major blooms of the spring here and it makes me miserable with itchy eyes and lots of sneezing. Privet, along with the popcorn, (my last post) are among the most invasive species here in south MS.

Bob Miller
04-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Hi Jack.....nice image with diagonal composition and great sharpness. You might add some canvas top and bottom as the image is a bit tight. hope you stop sneezing soon and can enjoy the spring- summer!

Julie Kenward
04-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Very nice, Jack! I second the addition of more canvas - at least on the bottom so those leaves aren't so close to the edge of the frame. Your composition and exposure look wonderful! Very nicely done and I too hope you can stop sneezing soon.

Jerry van Dijk
04-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Exotic or not, it looks lovely, especially with that pleasing BG you created! Ditto more room, easy fix in PS.

Steve Maxson
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi Jack. I really like this - very nice comp, lighting, subject, and background. The one thing that catches my eye is the single leaf touching the bottom of the frame - should be an easy fix to add a little more canvas there. Very well done!

jack williamson
04-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Thank ya'll very much. I think I will clone away that leaf at the bottom.

Jack

Dennis Bishop
04-27-2012, 05:14 PM
The colors are fabulous, and the range of tones in the background is great. I like the diagonal, but I wish it weren't pointing up to the right. I'd be inclined to rotate the image 90 degrees clockwise (and add the extra canvas).

Ken Childs
04-28-2012, 07:52 PM
This looks great....It's nice to see something positive done with this evil weed! The lighting, comp and BG all look good and if I were you, I wouldn't remove the leaf at the bottom. With the nice smooth BG it will be easy enough to add the needed canvas on the top and bottom.

My nose is running and my eyes are burning as I'm writing this. Privet is thick all around western TN and right now it's impossible to go anywhere without smelling the terrible flowers. I hates the privet! :bg3:

jack williamson
04-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks Dennis and Ken.

Jack

Anita Bower
04-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Lovely image with the green on green and the white flowers standing out. The angle of the branch works nicely. Enough has been said about the bottom edge. Very nice image!! Soothing and simple. We battle different invasives up here.