PDA

View Full Version : Wings of Color

Richard Unsworth
04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Well its different; comments welcome

7D 100-400 processed in DPP, PS5

I tried so hard to get Scarlet Macaw shots and did get some but this one was so unusual I thought Id post it here.

No HA no head lol!
Defensive color meant to startle?

Nancy Bell
04-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Beautiful wingspread and colors on this macaw. For me all the colors and different shapes of the leaves are distracting. Maybe play around and remove the leaves & see what OOTB image happens. BYW, I think "startling" is a great way to describe the brilliant colors of the macaw.

Kerry Perkins
04-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Hi Richard, you are right about the wings being colorful! Nancy has a good point about the leaves in the foreground. They draw the eye because they are sharp and in focus, and the bird is not. Unfortunately, your camera focused on those leaves and not on the bird. I would evict the bug on the left edge of the image. I love the wingspread and the curl of the tail.

denise ippolito
04-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Richard, I love the bird's feathers. I think that if you evicted the background foliage that the bird would have a great look.

Richard Unsworth
04-27-2012, 07:15 AM
Thanks all

Denise - possible eviction later, seems like an interesting challenge:S3:

John Storjohann
04-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Richard, I'm late to the party, but I agree with the comments already made, RE the foliage surrounding the bird. Great wingspread...great lines in the feathers, I really like the patterns in the wings...good luck with the eviction process!

Andrew McLachlan
04-28-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi Richard, good suggestions already given above. Beautiful colors in the wings for sure.

Richard Unsworth
04-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Thanks for all your suggestions everyone

Just adding I wont be able to work on this for a while as I have got to suffer for a month in Central Portugal so will not have the usual PC for editing

btw Andrew, amazing photos you have on your site:S3: