Harshad Barve
04-26-2012, 02:38 AM
Dear All

D3, 200-400MM at 400MM , ISO 800, 1/3200 at F4, handheld, 90% of FF

All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Marc Mol
04-26-2012, 06:06 AM
Love the look of concentration on this sub adult? here Harshad, well framed with the addition of catch lights in the eyes enhancing nicely.
TFS

Rachel Hollander
04-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Harshad - a cutie. Those paws are huge, looks like he'll be big. Really like the comp and the tones here. Looks like your long trip was very productive. Keep 'em coming.

TFS,
Rachel

Harshad Barve
04-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Love the look of concentration on this sub adult? .

This is a six month old cub , They grow fast ;)

Morkel Erasmus
04-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Harshadbhai - lovely pose here...the twinkle in the eye is a very nice touch. Comp is good too.

I just felt it might be a tad too red/orange overall (most evident on the whites of the tiger)? I know the foliage is supposed to be auburn...but it looks like the WB might have been set a tad too warm here? Maybe it's just me...but here's a quick rework in which I used "Colour Balance" to adjust slightly towards cyan and blue in all tonal ranges, and I also ran a very slight cooling filter on the BG only. I also dodged midtones on the entire tiger a bit (5% setting). I feel these adjustments has added some separation between subject and surroundings without making it look unnatural...
WDYT?? :e3

PS: pull them both into PS to really see the difference

Marina Scarr
04-28-2012, 05:58 PM
What a gorgeous cub and I do like the repost b/c the animals stands out a bit more since it's not competing with the BG. He sure has some big paws. The catchlight is very nice as is your low angle.

Could you please explain what made you pick the camera settings that you used? Thank you.

Steve Kaluski
04-29-2012, 03:30 AM
Harshad this has the makings of a very nice image, I just think like Morkel, just some simple colour adjustments, Curves & exposure it will bring out the full potential.

Firstly I think you mean 1/;320 not 1/3200sec based on the Exif, easily done. I would also look at toning down the slightly lighter branches in the BKG. The whites have a cast, so by reducing this and opening up things I feel you would have a good image.

This was based on you OP, not Morkels. Whites look cleaner hence more detail and less clashing of detail and the eyes have a bit more sparkle. With re processing the RAW the possibilities of this image is huge.

TFS
Steve

Steve Canuel
04-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Like the focused look of the cub on something besides you. While Morkel's and Steve's reposts both look nice and provide some additional "pop" and separation for the cub, it is the similarity in color to the surroundings in the OP (especially the whites) that I especially like.

Ken Watkins
04-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Harshad,

I agree with Steve C here your OP has what seems to me to be the most natural colours great pose as well