PDA

View Full Version : Little Black Commorant

Peter Scholer
04-25-2012, 02:05 AM
Macintosh Island Park, Gold Coast, Queensland.
Time: 2:31:15 PM. Overcast skies.

Nikon D7000 with Nikon 600mm f/4G ED VR AF-S and Nikon TC-14E
GITZO GT5541LS and WH-200 Wimberley Head Version II

Raw file ACR processed with backgound replaced as it was very busy. And some perch cloning work.
Waited for wings in a good position and desirable HA, and luckily the beak partially opened.
I think I would have been happier if the HA was slightly more inwards to the camera.

ISO: 400
Aperture: 7
Shutter: 1/320
Exp. Comp.: -1.0
Program: Aperture Priority
Focus: Autofocus Single point

Jonathan Ashton
04-25-2012, 03:14 AM
A fine quality image, for me the head position is fine, I like everything about this image from the super detail to the exposure and the pose.

RAM MALLYA
04-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Lovely wing display ,perch and BG

Marina Scarr
04-25-2012, 10:17 AM
You have a lovely capture here with a super wing position, but I feel as though it needs some pop and could use more details in the darks. I gave it a round of Shadow/Highlights at 8 and 5 I think and then a slight saturation all around. I realize that I may be off on this since I have never personally seen this bird, so you will be the judge.

Peter Scholer
04-26-2012, 12:55 AM
You have a lovely capture here with a super wing position, but I feel as though it needs some pop and could use more details in the darks. I gave it a round of Shadow/Highlights at 8 and 5 I think and then a slight saturation all around. I realize that I may be off on this since I have never personally seen this bird, so you will be the judge.
Thanks Marina for your helpful CC and your improvement on the image.
I do feel that the added pop and details has made a positive difference that I can see.
I may not get the Commorant in this desirable position again so I am very grateful to see it look the best it can. And to explain how you did it is very good.:S3:

Robert Lachaine
04-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Excellent ... nicely done ... love the pose