PDA

View Full Version : Another brick in the wall...

Morkel Erasmus
04-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Another one of the old ruin I have access to on a local farmyard.

Techs:
Nikon D3s with Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8
f22 @ ISO-200
blend of 3 exposures using luminosity masks
:bg3:

Rachel Hollander
04-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Morkel - great sunburst and I like the wispy clouds. This is very effective, though I might consider cloning out the circular highlights on the wall.

TFS,
Rachel

Dennis Bishop
04-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Wow. Very dramatic. I don't mind the circular highlights at all. They fit right in with the sunburst. I like the remnants of the smaller stone building and the wall of the nearer one keeping the eye in the image on the right. For the sake of composition, though, I'd crop just a bit from the bottom. I do like it the way it is, however. A lot.

Don Railton
04-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Very Nice Morkel. I too love the cloud and, well everything else really... The highlites dont bother me but if I had having a choice I would probably remove them..

DON

Steve Bein
04-25-2012, 12:39 AM
Great shot. I agree with the highlights, but would not complain much about them. Well done

Vivaldo Damilano
04-25-2012, 02:18 AM
Morkel a wonderful image, great colour and spot on exposure. Excellent blending tech's, looks very natural to me. Clouds also add and love the comp TFS:5

Grady Weed
04-25-2012, 10:25 AM
I agree with Dennis in Pane #3. Just spectacular sunburst. Spots and all, keep it as is.

Andrew Aveley
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Good one Morks :) the star burst here I think may have worked a little better if the sun was slightly lower and a little smaller. Just my opinion but great blending.......:)

Robert Amoruso
04-26-2012, 07:27 AM
The internal lens reflections are artificial and I would vote to remove them.

Morkel, like this image as is but would have like to see a version with the building obscuring the sun more - most likely resulting in a smaller but no less enticing star-burst affect.

Jay Gould
04-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Agree with Robert on both counts.

And, I like the image too!

Don Lacy
04-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Wonderful image Morkel love the comp I am ok either way with the flare spots since I expect them when viewing these images I also see why others would want them removed I tend to remove them on my images as well.

Morkel Erasmus
04-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the comments, folks. I know having the sun a tad lower would've been great, truth is we were en route to an unbelievable sunset and I knew I had to dash around for some varying compositions to make the most of the light that was coming.

I might as well clone out the 'flare/reflections' - they are actually caused by specks of dust on the lens front element and I normally wipe clean after every exposure...sloppiness on my part I suppose :bg3:

Charissa
05-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Awesome image Morkel. Perfect tones.