PDA

View Full Version : Gadwall

Richard Unsworth
04-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi
A male; Gadwalls are uncommon here and do not breed in the UK, so I was pleased to capture this one today

Weather was cloudy but bright
Canon 7D 100-400 @ 400 Manual Exposure Tripod, AF Single Spot focus on eye - TL of 19, Back focussed, Ev 0 ISO 400

Just a tad of a head turn toward would have been nice - flew off instead lol
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Gerald Kelberg
04-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Always nice to get a new or different species! Gadwalls are supposed to be relatively common over here this time of the year, but can't say I have been lucky enough to come across them yet. I like the placement in the frame but find the background a little cluttered/ messy. What do you mean by "TL of 19"?

Cheers
Gerald

Richard Unsworth
04-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi Gerald

yes BG is what tit is Im afraid, unable to get lower (in hide) or chage angle as water between us.

TL of 19 - top left of the 19 autofocus points on the 7D:e3

THANKS FOR POSTING

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Paul Lagasi
04-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Any time you can photograph a life bird is special, nice composition..well done

Jonathan Ashton
04-25-2012, 03:34 AM
This gets my vote too Rich, nice composition and colours. (I was about to ask what TL 19 was too!)