PDA

View Full Version : Aspen Leaves

Jared Gricoskie
04-14-2008, 07:12 PM
This is one that I've been a fan of, but I question my position on the rock in the left middle. I've thought maybe moving it more to the bottom. By the next day the puddle dried up, so I couldn't try to imporve the shot. I'd love to hear what the folks here think.

Its a little noisier than I like but the D200 was in the shop, so the D100 had to do.

D100, 66mm f11, tripod, fill flash, and reflector

John Cooper
04-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Hi Jared - I think your composition with the rock works quite well, and the very colourful autumn leaves surrounding the rock provide lots of impact. I was going to suggest to include a couple of leaves in the gap on left to complete the encirclement, but on second thoughts I think this gap works as an entrance to the rock pool. I Like the couple of water drops on the FG leaves !!!

Mike Moats
04-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Hey Jared, love the nice fall color and a good sharp image. As far as the position of the rock I woud have placed it in a corner with the rock on a diagonal towards the center. For me the rock doesn't add to the composition, its kinda just a large dark object without enough interesting details. I think you have a good comp just in the leaves.

Ed Vatza
04-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Interesting composition and I really like the autumnal colors. The rock is interesting in that is seems to break up the composition a bit. I am kind of seeing the rock as an oversized arrowhead. So I would have liked to see it in the lower left corner and pointing up and in toward the center - sort of pointing you into the composition. Make sense?

Addendum: I just saw that Mike has said pretty much the same thing about the rock.

Robert O'Toole
04-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Very nice jared I really like the quality of the light and the colors and details are great. Agree with the previous posts about the placement of the rock.

Robert