PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestion for a title?

Hank Christensen
04-22-2012, 02:52 PM
I can't believe it has been over a year since I've posted here! How time flies.... I have recently been making more time for myself to write - so here is my latest poem. Some of my poems don't have titles, and I'm not sure if this one ultimately will either. But if you have an idea for a title, please do share - I would love to hear suggestions. This remains the only place on the internet that I share my poems - some day perhaps I'll start working on some other method with which to share them with a wider audience (an ebook?). Please let me know what you think - I like to consider my poems never quite finished.

Flitting, fleeting, filtering light
Stirs the needles and blades
The forest is slowly coming alive
Quick now! Before it fades

My footsteps send wildflower seeds to the air
Dancing and twirling in space
Birthing a carpet of blazing displays
Shooting stars, lupine, and lace

Glades beckon forth, glistening with
The dew from an angel's kiss
What have I done to earn such reward?
What karma has granted me this?

To protect you, oh Forest, for my grandchild's child
Is not a noble or lofty goal
For your greatest resource that I selfishly take
Is nourishment for my soul

Bill Jobes
04-22-2012, 04:31 PM
That's a beautiful photography, Hank, and a stirring poem.

The title that keeps coming to my mind is: "The Legacy."

Dennis Bishop
04-24-2012, 08:41 PM
There are many visual references in the poem. At least, I see the things about which I'm reading. Then, there's somewhat of a surprise ending. It veers off unexpectedly when you reveal your point of view. Putting those ingredients into the pot, I come up with "The Way I See It."

denise ippolito
04-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Hank, This is lovely. I feel your deep connection with the land you love so much. I think an eBook would be a great idea!

Hank Christensen
04-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm kind of digging the "legacy" idea. I think I'll also tinker with the last stanza a little bit - it doesn't quite flow enough. I'll re-post if I have any breakthroughs!

Julie Kenward
04-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Hank, I think "The Legacy" is perfect for this! What a beautiful way you have with words. The picture you painted with the poem made me totally connect with the image. TFS!

Dawn Miller
04-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi, as a poet I appreciate the turn at the end very much. I would suggest using "before it fades" as a title. I, too, regard my work as ever evolving, never finished. I send them out anyway. Thanks for sharing, Dawn

Cheryl Slechta
09-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Hank, I am very, very late to the show but I wanted to comment anyway. The poem is tender, thoughtful and beautifully written. I hope you will continue to share your work with us.:S3: