PDA

View Full Version : Now look at me !!!

Rod Warnock
04-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Golden-headed Cisticola (Cisticola exilis) Ash Island NSW Australia
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM 5.6 ISO400 F6.3 1/1250 Kenko 12mm Ext Tube flash 22 April 2012 9.31am
Awoke to fading clear sky with stars however arriving at Ash Island just after 6.30am pea soup fog spent next couple of hours taking White-headed Stilts and Black Swans with distant Red-necked Avocets in some backgrounds.
The above Golden-headed Cisticola image was towards the end of the mornings image making. The fog had cleared but the early sun was soon obscured by light cloud. Australia's two Cicticolas the othe being the Zitting Cisticola were formerly known as commonly Fantail Warblers so we have another common name change where either too tired or lacking in inventiveness namers simply used the Generic Latin name as the common name ??? Apart from puzzling casual birders ,Cisticola is not that easy for some to pronounce. I find it easier to say infected cola than Cisticola. So yet again we accepted this change which replicates that of our warblers to a generic name for a common name Gerygone.
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Morkel Erasmus
04-22-2012, 05:23 AM
I just love the pose here Rod, and the light is sweet.
The V formed by the reeds is very strong compositionally for me.