PDA

View Full Version : Flowering Crab Apple

dankearl
04-20-2012, 08:13 PM
At least I think it is, i am no botanist.This was taken with bird settings while photographing birds. I thought it was pretty and there was nice soft light.1/320f8iso800500mm (300 f2.8 w/ 1.7x)

dankearl
04-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Sorry, I don't know why this showed up twice and I don't know how to delete one of them.

Hazel Grant
04-21-2012, 07:49 AM
I love the soft draping of the flowers. Almost an oriental feel to them. The luminous petals add depth. When I first looked at it though, on my monitor it did seem to be a bit flat in color (flowers vs background) so I used selective color to add just a bit of black to the greens are reds. Made a difference on my monitor. Thanks for sharing this beautiful flower on what is a cold spring day here.

dankearl
04-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks Hazel, you made it pop!
I appreciate you taking the time.

Dan

Steve Maxson
04-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Hi Dan. Beautifully seen and photographed with your long "macro" lens! Good overall sharpness against a clean background, nice detail in the whites, and nicely composed. I really like your OP, but Hazel's subtle changes made the image even better! Very well done! :cheers:

Ken Childs
04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Hi Dan, I knew by looking at the thumbnail that I was going to like this one and I was right....you've got a real winner here! I agree with what Hazel said and did. It my may due to compression but there seems to be some noticeable noise in that beautiful BG so a run of NR should help to smooth things out. Overall this ones looks great! :S3:

Bob Miller
04-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Dan...beautifully composed and i can just feel the softness of those petals and the colors are really working for me. Nice work!