PDA

View Full Version : Common Grackle in the right light

Richard Stern
04-14-2008, 03:30 PM
These common birds generally just look black, but I managed to catch this one in the right light, that brought out the colors. I realize that it's probably too closely cropped, but it was close to the left hand edge of the image, and it was a single capture, and the best I could do with cropping. Does the image otherwise "work" in terms of color, sharpness etc.?

D300, Tamron 200-500, Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/1000 second
Aperture Value (APEX) = 18853/3550
Aperture = F6.3
Exposure Bias (EV) = 0/1 = 0#
Metering Mode = spot (3)
Light Source / White Balance = unknown (0) Flash = Flash did not fire
Focal Length = 500/1 mm = 500 mm

Richard

Alfred Forns
04-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi Richard they are remarkable birds in the right light !!!! Nice leaping pose The sharpest part seems along the body not the head Just surprised you got this much!!!

Composition wise seems very tight in frame Particularly with the leaping pose and sense of movement Lots of room up front would be in order Sharpness wise would like to see it sharper around the eye On an image like this is not the easiest thing to have Exposure wise looks fine and you did get a great sun angle !!!

Nonda Surratt
04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Yes the right light shows, nice job, the colors look great! Alfred covered the rest.

Gus Cobos
04-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi Richard,
Love the action here. Colors are rich and bright. Agree with Al on being tight in the frame and the sharpness on the eye. :D

Oscar Zangroniz
04-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Great colors and perfect timing.
Congratulations.