PDA

View Full Version : Lamasi - Captive Wolf

Grady Weed
04-19-2012, 09:00 AM
This is Lamasi, about 135 - 140, a big wolf! But she is gentle, loving and very protective of her friends. If you are a male, she becomes possesive and will lick you to death. She never stops moving. When I go into the pen with her, she will jump all over me, roll around and want me to pet and scratch her stomach. Then when she is done with me, she will let Anoki, her mate, play will me. But she is first, no questions asked! I really love these wolves!

Here are the specs: 85% of Full frame for a 12x18 print, I cropped some off of the right side to eliminate some blurry trees. Canon EOS-1D Mark II N, Date/Time 3/22/2012, 1:08 PM, Aperture-Priority AE, 1/1250, Av 2.8, Partial Metering, Exposure Compensation +1/3, ISO Speed 400, Lens EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM, Image Size 3504x2336, RAW, Flash Off, White Balance Mode Auto, AF Mode One-Shot AF. Image a bout 15 feet away, shooting kinda upward, she was on a large rock, kinda bright sun with passing clouds.

All comments welcomed. I will share other poses in the next few posts. :tinysmile_shy_t:

Steve Kaluski
04-19-2012, 09:06 AM
I like this a lot Grady, love the diagonal angle of the body & head as she calls. Interest BKG to the story too.

Personally just wish for more sharpness, detail & clarity around the eye and mouth, looks/appears to be focused on the side of the neck below the ear.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
04-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Grady - The b&w is really nice for this. I agree with Steve about the diagonal of the body and about the sharpness and detail. Looking forward to seeing more of your "friends."

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
04-22-2012, 05:05 PM
I like this a lot Grady, love the diagonal angle of the body & head as she calls. Interest BKG to the story too.

Personally just wish for more sharpness, detail & clarity around the eye and mouth, looks/appears to be focused on the side of the neck below the ear.

TFS
Steve

Steve summed it up nicely. It is a great perspective, Grady!