PDA

View Full Version : Silvereye (Zosterops lateralis) on fennel Ash Island NSW Australia

Rod Warnock
04-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Silvereye (Zosterops lateralis) on fennel Ash Island NSW Australia
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM 5.6 ISO400 F7.1 1/3200 flash 17 January 2012 7.25am
Taken adjacent to northern end of Wagtail Way on Ash Island while trying to locate the scarce migratory Eastern Yellow Wagtail (Motacilla tschutschensis). A party of Silvereyes were feeding on Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) the Mediterranean native now often found feral around the world especially but throughout Asia, North America and here in Australia.
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Gerald Kelberg
04-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi Rod, I really like the view of the Silvereye with the back detail and a nice head angle. Soft environment in the back works well. Only negative is that it looks a bit crispy to me; so I'd suggest easing back on the sharpening. Thanks for sharing, Gerald

Rod Warnock
04-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks Gerald for your comments. You are spot on with the sharpening comment. I posted the entry from hospital and noticed the deterioration in quality from original to wed use. I have this problem which varies but when I reduce the image down to in this case 1000px the quality drops. I have tried various gradual reduction steps so I will try again with this image.
Best regards
Rod

Rod Warnock
04-19-2012, 01:35 AM
Here is second reduction attempt for this image.
Would be interested in any comments.
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Gerald Kelberg
04-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi Rod, this looks better, but you are still getting those serrated edges on the bill and topside of the tail. Maybe the issue is in your workflow. I usually only sharpen once I have reduced the image and that works for me. Cheers, Gerald