PDA

View Full Version : Singing female Red-winged Blackbird.

Karl Egressy
04-17-2012, 07:05 PM
One of the songbird species that has the female singing as well.
Thanks for looking. Taken at late afternoon light.

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Mode Manual Exposure
Tv 1/320
Av 5.6
Spot Metering
ISO 400
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x

Grace Scalzo
04-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Karl, The thumbnail does not do this image justice. Quite a beautiful bird on a nice perch, singing pose is great. There is evidence of cloing below here tail. The eye looks muddy, try a little of Artie's eye doctor work. And while the vertical stripes do suggest more of the reeds, and create nice lines, I think they are a little bright and could be toned down. I think a slight curves adjustment, followed by some more sharpening of the bird is in order too. Definately an image worth tweaking, in my opinion.

Karl Egressy
04-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Karl, The thumbnail does not do this image justice. Quite a beautiful bird on a nice perch, singing pose is great. There is evidence of cloing below here tail. The eye looks muddy, try a little of Artie's eye doctor work. And while the vertical stripes do suggest more of the reeds, and create nice lines, I think they are a little bright and could be toned down. I think a slight curves adjustment, followed by some more sharpening of the bird is in order too. Definately an image worth tweaking, in my opinion.

Thank you Grace.
I'm not sure if I know Artie's eye doctor but I did it on my way. It might not be as good but it looks better.
I also did parctically all of what you had suggested.
Thanks again.

Grace Scalzo
04-18-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm so glad that my suggestions seem to have worked, Karl. (I'm not the best with processing). I think this looks much better, bird really comes to life.

Marina Scarr
04-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Great advice by Grace and the repost looks like a different picture. Love it. I am not much into processing myself, but it's a big part of photography.

Mat Bingham
04-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Like the second post a lot. Where is Arthurs eye Doctor work?:S3:

jack williamson
04-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Really nice singing pose, sharp, and the BG colors compliment the bird. I know there was probably nothing you could do about them but I wish those oof cattails in the BG were not there.

Jack

dankearl
04-18-2012, 10:51 PM
I prefer the OP, it is truer to the color of the bird for me.
I think the females are prettier than the males and I like this a lot.

Gary Esman
04-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Great shot Karl, Beautiful background and excellent perch. Very nice.

Gary.