Nikon D70
70-300MM@300MM
F/6.3
1/500s
iso 400

Comments please.

Harold Davis
04-14-2008, 01:35 PM
hi sid!! those were some difficult conditions with the light coming from the right darkening the side of the bird that we are looking at and almost overexposing the bird on the right belly area. my suggestion would be to have painted him with some flash to get some detail on the dark side of the bird. i like some backlit images, but the front has to be properly exposed too. as far as framing goes, i would crop from the top and add a little canvas to the right side. i like the bird's pose and head angle. hope you get some more chances!!

Alfred Forns
04-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi Sid

I was going back to some of the window images and you need to make exposure changes Getting some real good opportunities but need to convert !!!

Would try making an image out the window even without a bird Check histogram and see Will get an idea When the bird shows up there is not much time for figuring things out If you have tried before might recognize the condition and compensate. With unfavorable light you need flash fill as Harold indicated.

Composition wise is not bad at all Would rather have more room at right and less up top Looking forward to the next window visitor ..... might want to set up a perch and feeder !!!!

Oscar Zangroniz
04-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Great image Sid, would have preferred a bit more canvas to your right.
Congrats.