PDA

View Full Version : Birthday tribute

Judy Howle
04-17-2012, 08:26 AM
I created this for my dear friend's 80th birthday surprise party Thursday. She is a very talented artist and the photo was made at our artist's co-op studio with some of the bookmarks she made to sell. I did some facial retouching and ran it through the portrait plugin from onOne and then used PhotoFrame for the background and frame elements. She has cancer and we don't know how much longer she will be with us, but she has been fighting it for 10 years and is truly an amazing person with her upbeat attitude and wonderful spirit.

Paul Lagasi
04-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Friends are special..a fitting tribute, nice work.

Dennis Bishop
04-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Very nicely done, Judy. There are many special touches in this image. The background complements the colors in the photo of your friend. And, it seems from what I can see of the bookmarks, it is consistent with the elements she uses in her art. I like the use of the masking tape. The embellishment that so effectively disguises the magnifier lamp is a great addition. And the slight rotation of "Love, Judy" relative to the rest of the text is wonderful. You put a lot of thought and talent into this.

Judy Howle
04-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks Paul and Dennis! Yes, I spent 3 hrs on it including about 1 hr. playing with the frame elements until I got the right combination and look that I wanted to coordinate with the image. Then I put a yellow photo filter over it lightly to make the photo match the background better.

Mitch Carucci
04-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Lovely Birthday image. Friendship is a factor in health, so keep it up, as I am sure you will.

Brendan Dozier
04-17-2012, 06:53 PM
This turned out really nice, Judy! Great tribute to your friend. Love how you framed it, and BG color and texutre is awesome.

denise ippolito
04-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Judy, Very nice tribute and very well done. I love the tape!

Andrew McLachlan
04-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi Judy, A lovely tribute to your dear friend.

Cheryl Slechta
04-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Judy, she's lucky to have a friend like you. I know this will mean the world to her. Beautifully crafted.:S3:

Maureen Allen
04-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Beautiful work, Judy. What a wonderful gift to your friend!

Hazel Grant
04-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Everything I thought about saying when I saw your tribute to your friend has already been said by the above. How blessed you are to have a close friend with such a positive attitude....and how blessed she is to have you!

Arthur Morris
04-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Happy Bird-day to Pat. Good to see that she is still smiling.

Judy Howle
04-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like my creation and I'm sure she will too as she is one of the biggest fans of my photo art!

Anita Bower
04-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Wonderfully creative approach to this tribute to your friend. Lovely portrait, and I like how you put it all together. Great work.