PDA

View Full Version : Gone fishing

Steve Kaluski
04-17-2012, 06:27 AM
Haven't posted for a while, but will be changing that in the coming weeks, so far behind in my PP & cataloging, so... :bg3:

As Mum was further on fishing, this Spring cub decided to follow suit, but kept looking back for reassurance and more importantly, what next to do once he got into the river. You can see the size of bugs you have to deal with around his head!!!!

Steve
Subject: Grizzly Spring cub fishing in flowing river (Ursus arctos horribilis)
Camera: Canon MKIV
Lens: 500f/4 - Wimberley head/Gitzo tripod
Exposure: 1/500s at f/5.6 ISO400 +0.33 stop compensation
Crop: Slight tighter for presentation (original capture vertical)

Brendon Cremer
04-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Stunning image, like the comp, colours and detail, the flies around the bear add nicely.

Rachel Hollander
04-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Hi Steve - Those are Alaska's state bird! Great IQ as usual. Was the comp for editorial? Seems it would have worked well as a horizontal with room to the left as well.

TFS,
Rachel

Nancy Bell
04-17-2012, 07:28 PM
I really like how you captured the water splashes around the bear, and that worried look in his eyes! Great POV!

Morkel Erasmus
04-18-2012, 03:11 AM
Lovely vertical comp here Steve. Good colours and soft light to enhance the details. I like the detail in the eye despite it being in shadow slightly.
The bugs look huge!

Steve Canuel
04-19-2012, 08:35 PM
This is a nice shot Steve. The main thing that jumps out at me is the smooth transition of color and texture between the rippling waters around the bear to the grass in the BG.

christopher galeski
04-20-2012, 03:09 AM
nice image,like the flies around it,sharp image,would have liked head turned a bit more towards us,but still nice image.