PDA

View Full Version : Red grouse in the rain

Jonathan Ashton
04-16-2012, 03:17 AM
Canon 7D Canon Canon 500mm tripod, ISO 500 1/250 sec f7.1
Small crop and added canvas to the left, the tail tip was right on the edge of the frame. I cloned/patched some ferns around the neck region.
All C & C welcome.

Humberto Ramos
04-16-2012, 06:32 AM
The grouse is very beautiful, like the BG, and composition, the rain is a must...

Richard Unsworth
04-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Way to go Jon; probably your best yet, well done, lovely composition and detail; some will say a little tight
(now go and find a Grey one)
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Sachin Saraf
04-16-2012, 08:36 AM
This is beautiful Image...Loved it a lot...beautiful exposure, pose, sharpness and BG...Rain is bonus...I think this needs slight CCW rotation.

Frank Schauf
04-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Excellent light, details and bg.

Stu Bowie
04-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi Jon, I like the stately pose, and you have brought out the detail and colours so well. The falling rain adds interest, as do the droplets on his chest. I do wish you had more room left and bottom. :w3

Jonathan Ashton
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
I have a certain reservation over the plumage detail - do you think this is a little better?

Jonathan Ashton
04-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi Jon, I like the stately pose, and you have brought out the detail and colours so well. The falling rain adds interest, as do the droplets on his chest. I do wish you had more room left and bottom. :w3

Me too Stu:w3 I have already recropped a little and added canvas, despite the apparently static pose he was jiggling about and it was difficult to focus lock and compose

Kaustubh Deshpande
04-16-2012, 01:21 PM
I like the added room below...the oof stuff there is a bit unfortunate though. good job of sharpening in the repost. face looks nice and crisp. loved the pose, colors and rain. perfect HA. great feel.

Humberto Ramos
04-16-2012, 04:41 PM
The repost is much better, I liked the first post, but this one is even better...

Tom Rambaut
04-16-2012, 05:26 PM
lots to like - the moss, rain and the colour of the bird. I like the repost as there is more room. I especially like the reds in the birds plumages matching reds in the BG and moss/heather perch. This is the best image so far of this specie.

dankearl
04-16-2012, 06:28 PM
You seem to get a lot of photo's of really interesting and unusual birds.
This is really nice, the rain and habitat are great.

Arthur Morris
04-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Feathers nicer and sharped in the repost but this is one case where I would rather not have the virtual feet included as the o-o-f stuff that was introduced on the bottom frame edge is mega distracting.... For me :S3:.

christopher galeski
04-17-2012, 12:37 AM
very nice image of my favorite game bird,like the rain,repost better,but agree about the out of focus heather at the bottom.well done.

arash_hazeghi
04-17-2012, 02:09 AM
sweet image, nice details and the rain and beautiful BG really add. I agree with Artie re OOF stuff in the FG. I prefer the processing in repost with the original crop

Excellent work

Robert Holguin
04-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Very nice shot, Great pose, excellent background, like the rain drops, and I like the sharpening on the repost, but prefer the original comp.
Well done.

Melvin Grey
04-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Beautiful pose and feather detail - it really captures the character of the bird. I think all you have to do on the repost is to tone down the pale out of focus FG bits and remove the 'orange bent stalk'.
Great image!

Jonathan Ashton
04-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Many thanks to everyone for your C&C, I always look forward to your replies.