PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Pardalote

Jan Wegener
04-15-2012, 07:05 AM
I love photographing these little colorful birds. This is a full colored male.
They are tiny birds and have only the size of a Winter Wren.

1D Mark IV
600 L IS
1.4x TC
580EX II + BB

Bill Dix
04-15-2012, 09:18 AM
What a beautiful little bird, and nicely captured. Exposure spot-on. I like the perch and comp, but I could also imagine taking a little off the left and top (eliminating the upper group of buds), if the IQ would take it, and it seems it would. I might also consider cleaning up the catchlights. But a beautiful image just as posted.

Richard Stern
04-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi,

Outstanding capture. I like the crop the way it is, as I like to see some habitat context to the bird, and the rest of the image emphasizes the small size of the main subject.

Richard

arash_hazeghi
04-15-2012, 01:00 PM
this is excellent Jan, love the pose and the perch very handsome specie too TFS great work

Mike Osborne
04-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Very cool little bird Jan. I like this photo as presented, but would like to see more of this species in a close-up any time.

jack williamson
04-16-2012, 11:11 AM
This is gorgeous! Excellent exposure on the little bird, very sharp and I love that perch. BG is perfect.

Jack

Tom Rambaut
04-16-2012, 05:34 PM
One good looking little bird. I like the pose. Is this a set up Jan? The BG is so clean. I have yet to try and get images of these little guys. They seem to move around too quickly in dence vegitation to get clear shots of them -yet you have many.