100mm f/2.8 Macro
Manual mode
1/100"
F22
ISO 100
Canon 430EX: On, Fired
Tripod
ACR and CS5

I friend gave me some Senna seeds to plant but I really liked the look of the 2 toned seeds so I took a few shots before they went into the ground.

Shot in the light box with the flash off the camera and aimed straight up.

Cropped, curves, cloned out some blemishes on the leaf, contrast, brightness, smart and high-pass sharpening.

Dennis Bishop
04-14-2012, 10:06 PM
I like the bold, graphic looks of this. The Senna seeds are wonderful and contribute greatly to that feel. The texture of the leaf adds nicely to the image. The bold diagonal is very effective, and I think you did a nice job placing the seeds in relation to it.

Steve Maxson
04-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi Ken. Another light box winner! The soft lighting is very well handled, you have good overall sharpness, the seeds and leaf are both attractive in their own right, and I like the multiple diagonals of the comp. Very well done! :cheers:

Mat Bingham
04-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Really like this pic. The colours, diagonals and composition everything is in focus as well.

Anita Bower
04-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Lovely! The seeds are indeed interesting. Pairing them with the gold leaf was a great idea. Gorgeous light and details. I had to look up Senna seeds as I'd never heard of them.

Ken Childs
04-23-2012, 04:38 PM
The bold diagonal is very effective, and I think you did a nice job placing the seeds in relation to it.
I've learned through trial and error (mostly error) that I get the best results when I don't try to arrange the seeds in this type of shot. I grabbed some seeds and dropped them on the leaf and this is how they fell. :S3:

I had to look up Senna seeds as I'd never heard of them.
Senna isn't exactly a beautiful garden plant but there are some interesting butterflies that use it as a host for their larvae.

Anita Bower
04-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Senna isn't exactly a beautiful garden plant but there are some interesting butterflies that use it as a host for their larvae.
That makes it worth growing!