PDA

View Full Version : St. Augustine Alligator Farm rookery update

Gen Anderson
04-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Please check out the zoo's Rookery Blog for status updates and natural history information!

http://www.alligatorfarm.com/rookery/2012/04/rookery-update-413/

Marina Scarr
04-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Thank you for sharing, Gen. After looking at your numbers, I am really excited about my first trip to The Alligator Farm next week!!!

Josh Clark
04-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi Marina,
I went to the Alligator Farm around this time last year and the place was CRAZY busy with activity. Screaming baby Egrets, Spoonies and everything between. I have never been to Gatorland so I can't give you a comparison of the two, but I really enjoyed by time there. Great for flight shots. Babies are so close you could reach out and touch them. I bought a photographers pass when I went which allowed early and late access to the rookery before the general public.

Marina Scarr
04-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the info, Josh. After my trip, I'll try to remember to include a little summary of my time there in case anyone else is interested in visiting.

Robert Stermer
04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
I was there 2 weekends ago and had a great day shooting. The birds were superabundant and there was good variety of species. I highly recommend it. If you like shrimp and seafood, Osteen's Restaurant is a mile or two down the road toward St. Augustine and is a great place for lunch.
Have fun,
RAS