PDA

View Full Version : Red-Eyed Tree Frog

Doug Brown
04-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I do a little macro work from time to time, usually in Costa Rica. I thought I'd post a Red-Eyed Tree Frog from my last workshop.

Canon 1D Mark IV, 100mm, f/3.2, 1/250, ISO 800, manual exposure, hand held<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0"><embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">

Patrick Sparkman
04-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Wow Doug! A classic. I love the red toes sticking out, along with the red eye and red leaf. The framing is perfect giving a nicely balanced image. Superb. Print it big, and let that big eye stare back at you all the time!

christopher galeski
04-13-2012, 05:25 AM
very nice image,great colors,well done.

jack williamson
04-13-2012, 06:34 AM
I never tire of seeing images of this unique looking frog. This one is very nice with a nice perch. The eye and face around it are sharp as a tack.

Jack

Tom Rambaut
04-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Very nice image - pulls you in to those eyes. I like the matching colours of the plant and the frog - greens and reds. Great looking feet. The frog in nicley highlighted from the rest of the image especially BG.

Steve Maxson
04-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Hi Doug. I love the natural lighting on this image! It really has that ray of light in the deep forest look. Excellent sharpness and nicely composed. I hope to see more of these when we head to CR in Feb! :S3:

Ken Childs
04-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Fantastic image, Doug! The natural 'spotlight' lighting does a wonderful job of highlighting the subject and the placement of the eye in the frame is perfect and does a great job of pulling my eye towards the frog. A winner all the way 'round! :cheers: