PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Glitz Butterfly

Judy Howle
04-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Photo made with 7D last summer. I started out by converting from Raw and spent a fair amount of time cloning out leaves and stems that spoiled the comp. I used a negative preset to reverse colors in Perfect Effects 3 (which I did buy today, the whole Suite) and then I kept adding more presets. The last one was Hollywood Glo. I sure do love this plugin, which also installs a standalone in case you don't have Photoshop. It had leaves straight across the top which I thought looked bad so I added a frame with PhotoFrame which is part of the suite, and then I used Oil Paint filter on a duplicate of the frame layer and lowered the opacity to about 35% or so. I hope you all like it as much as I do!

denise ippolito
04-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Judy, I just love Perfect Effects and find that I am using it more and more. This is very colorful, creative and fun! Thanks for sharing your workflow.

Judy Howle
04-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Thanks Denise! I've been resisting spending the $$ on it with CS6 on the horizon but the sale price pushed me over the edge! I think it'll be fun to use on iPhone images with all the cool vintage and grunge etc. effects.

Nancy Bell
04-12-2012, 10:53 AM
I really like how the round circle and the framing set off the interior image. Those pinks are cool! I just googled Perfect Effects 3 and found it for $299. Where did you find it on sale and for how much?

Paul Lagasi
04-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Looks like a perfect cover for Iron Butterfly CD...well done

Judy Howle
04-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks Nancy! Since I own one product - PhotoFrame - they sent me an email with a 48 hr half price deal on the Suite. Perfect Effects by itself is 100 and was not on sale. That might be the only one of their products you'd want anyway. Click on products and then Perfect Effects 3. BTW they have a free 'sampler' version of PE 3, click on downloads and also you will see a free PhotoFrame sampler and now Perfect Layers for Lightroom is FREE!!

Judy Howle
04-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks Paul!

Andrew McLachlan
04-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Very nicely done Judy, love the creativity.