PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Image Two

Roger Williams
04-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Here's a second image of the Osprey I encountered on Bunch Beach (first image posted yesterday). For this view, I've been able to move somewhat closer to the axis of light, resulting, in my opinion, a better head turn and more color in the fish. CC's welcomed and appreciated.

7D ~ 500 f/4L IS + 1.4x ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/320 @ f/6.3 + 1/3 ex ~ Gitzo GT 3530LS splayed ~ Mongoose M-35a

Robert Holguin
04-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Very nice shot. I really like the pose, great control on the whites, love the fish and seen its eye is big plus. My only nit is the branch behind it. I find it bit distracting. Other than that....
Well done.

Frank Schauf
04-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Very nice colors and great action.

Jonathan Ashton
04-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Very nice shot indeed, excellent pose & super eye contact, for me the whites are just a little hot.

Nancy Bell
04-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Love the composition of the osprey looking one way and the fish eye looking the other, plus that they are nearly in line vertically! On my monitor most of the whites look good except on the head, that lacks detail. If you are inclined to cloning, removing that back branch would be nice.

Daniel Cadieux
04-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Again we have a great look at those talons. Nice pose overall, a bit more of a head turn our way would have been ideal but still OK as is. Harsh light, and as mentioned some of the whites are very hot...worth a revisit to the raw file as you may have recoverable data hidden in those. Unfortunate about the OOF part of the perch. A great opportunity for sure!!