PDA

View Full Version : Morro Bay Cormorant

pat lillich
04-11-2012, 09:24 PM
maybe not OOTB enough - but thought this backlit cormorant would make a nice silhouette. would have been better with a gorgeous sunset behind it - pushed blacks to maximum and set whitepoint to bring the whites down.

Dennis Bishop
04-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I think this qualifies. And I definitely like it. In fact, I think I like the black on white better than a silhouette against a more colorful background. At least in this case. The great detail on the wings and vegetation adds a lot. Very nice composition, too.

denise ippolito
04-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Pat, This is perfect for OOTB. I love the composition, open mouth, nesting material and silhouette. I might evict the small amount of dark halo around the stick on the lower portion. There are two straight lines on the left edge I would clean up before printing. I also might try to eliminate the posterization on the left side if it were mine. These are minor details, but this is an outstanding image and I wish it were mine. Great job!

pat lillich
04-12-2012, 08:50 AM
thank you Dennis and Denise for very helpful kind comments. And Denise, you've convinced me to go get that new eyeglass prescription filled this weekend - I need to be able to see the image on the screen better!

thanks again!

Paul Lagasi
04-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Nice work, fits perfectly in OOTB, I like it, I might have left a little more room on the left but thats just my opinion....TFS

Jack Breakfast
04-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Pat, I love this, I really do. I hope you'll post more and more and more...

Christopher Miller
04-13-2012, 06:58 PM
A beautiful silhouette, Pat! The pose is perfect, and I love the nesting material trailing behind. Very nicely done!

Arthur Morris
04-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Capture and processing stunning. It was great getting to spend more time with you and Alan on the Morro Bay IPT! You guys did well from that deck!