PDA

View Full Version : Female Wood Dcuk

SimonDuval
04-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for the nice comments on my last post. I really learn a lot from you guys. I now have fixed my sharpening problem. Aperture 3 really had a problem when exporting to JPEG so I bought LR4 and that works well. Ok now for this shot.
E-30 + 300mm f2.8 + 1.4x, 1/640, f5.6, ISO 400.
PP was made in two software. I used Aperture 3 for levels and also tone down the black spot on the background (that brought in some noise I think). I then used LR4 to adjust the sharpening. How do you find the sharpening here? I didn't find a selection tool in LR4 yet but I could have used that to put NR on background.

http://www.pbase.com/duvalsimon/image/142614731.jpg

Thanks

Randy Stout
04-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Simon:

Excellent shooting angle.

Sharpening looks good.

Slightly overexposed on eye ring, this is an area that is very easy to overexpose on female woodies. (Having done it freq. my self!)

Yes to the noise in the dark patch in background.

If you have access to Photoshop, I would go back and clone stamp over that area with some brown from the area around this. Light opacity, 30% is usually a good starting point.

There is a brush in LR in the develop panel which will allow you to selectively apply adjustments. I haven't used it, but expect it would be useful.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
04-11-2012, 09:46 AM
I love the low perspective and the water in the foreground. Nice pose, and the comp is very nice for this vertical portrait. Good colors. There is indeed a brush in LR's Development Module for making selections. It can be very useful but I personally prefer to do it in PS. NR to the noisy dark area would be advisable. Overall very nice!

Kaustubh Deshpande
04-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Simon, good low angle IQ and sharpness. light is striking the head nicely. good suggestions from Randy and Daniel.

SimonDuval
04-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the comments! I will try those suggestions.