PDA

View Full Version : On My Throne

Kiran Khanzode
04-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Sorry, been away for a long time. Just came back from a photo trip to India, working on the jetlag. Harshad is leading another group in Tigerland currently...

Here's an image from Tanzania from an earlier trip.

EOS 7D, 600mm, f/8, ISO 400, beanbag from jeep top, Serengeti.

Hope all of you are doing well...

Regards,
Kiran

Tom Graham
04-07-2012, 10:47 PM
How did it get up there with such a FULL belly :S3:
Interesting photo, thanks.
Tom

Morkel Erasmus
04-08-2012, 01:07 AM
Nice to see you posting here again, Khiranbhai! Love the setting here, and very nicely framed to show the interesting tree with lion on LHS as opposed to empty space with lion on the RHS. Good exposure and details too.

Looking forward to seeing much more of your recent work...:cheers:

Ken Watkins
04-08-2012, 03:50 AM
Kiran,

This is marvelous, I would have loved to see him coming down with the distended belly

Mark Wiseman
04-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi Kiran,
When I was near Seronera, a fat male of about 2 years tried to get into a similar tree and after a while gave up. This male got into the tree, a real achievement. i like the detail and light.
Thanks for sharing and best wishes,
Mark.

Rachel Hollander
04-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Kiran - really nicely done. I like the comp witht the tree coming out of the lrc and the way the branches fill the frame. Lion's pose is great too. Knowing that you do not like to clone, I might consider a crop from the bottom to reduce the presence of the oof, lighter stray branch at the bottom.

TFS and looking forward to seeing more from your recent travels,
Rachel

Sid Garige
04-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Welcome back Kiran. Looking forward to seeing more Tiger images.
Excellent comp and interesting perch.

Steve Kaluski
04-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Nice image & composition Kiran. Might suggest a slight drop in the Yellow, but masking the lion.

Think I prefer this to Harshad's tighter version.

TFS
Steve

vikram potdar
04-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Loved the composition and the feel here. Well done.