PDA

View Full Version : ***Snowy in Flight***

Yves Guillot
04-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Another Snowy in flight.

Canon EOS 7D (http://www.birdphotographers.net/cameras/canon/eos_7d) Canon IS 600 mm 1:4.0 - 1/4000s f/5.6 iso800 Full Frame

C&C : thanks in advance!

http://www.pbase.com/image/142508337/original.jpg

arash_hazeghi
04-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Hey Yves, the colors are spot on! no cast anymore :S3:

Excellent. love the pose and eye contact with both eyes wide open. it is a bit tight on the left border, would consider adding canvas there. the BG is nice too.

Great shot!

Yves Guillot
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks Arash for your comment! Can you imagine that I processed this picture BEFORE our previous messages?! :S3:

I have also discovered that sometimes while processing under the PS raw converter, simply choosing the automatic white balance instead of as shot can also do the job to get a photo with no cast.

About this cast : by using the eyedropper sampler at 5X5 I compare the 3 channels and consider that a gap not exceeding 10 between the three channels is acceptable : do you agree with that or is a bigger gap also acceptable according to you?

I agree about adding some canvas on the left side.

arash_hazeghi
04-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks Arash for your comment! Can you imagine that I processed this picture BEFORE our previous messages?! :S3:

I have also discovered that sometimes while processing under the PS raw converter, simply choosing the automatic white balance instead of as shot can also do the job to get a photo with no cast.

About this cast : by using the eyedropper sampler at 5X5 I compare the 3 channels and consider that a gap not exceeding 10 between the three channels is acceptable : do you agree with that or is a bigger gap also acceptable according to you?

I agree about adding some canvas on the left side.

yup, a difference of 10-15 is good.

Ryan Schain
04-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Love the pose and the background. I'd add some canvas and crop from the right, making it completely centered and flying directly at the viewer!

SimonDuval
04-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Well done, how do you get those snowies to always fly at you?

Yves Guillot
04-05-2012, 04:23 PM
They do not always fly at me as you state it. When they do fly by, then I try to take good shots. According to the exifs, this one was about 200 feet away.

Kaustubh Deshpande
04-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Yes, no issue with color cast here. that eye-dropper tool is very helpful in such situations. I also try 'auto' Wb for such shots....For some shots, it works well and for some, it just doesn't.

terrific details for that distance, I must say. loved the incoming angle, pure whites and the BG. I will also prefer some more room on one side...and perhaps a tad less on the other.

Robert Holguin
04-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Wonderful flight shot. I really like the incoming flight angle, wonderful background, and exposed very well.
Well done.