PDA

View Full Version : Hellebore

Anita Bower
04-05-2012, 06:29 AM
The lovely inside of a Hellebore is often hidden by its drooping habit. I brought this one indoors and shot is using natural light against a white bg.
Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, tripod, 1/3 sec., f16, ISO 100, manual exposure, manual focus (live view).
PP: Elements 10, PS 7: basic adjustments, Topaz Adjust: "Mild Color Pop," & "Mild Detail," Topaz DeNoise;" Accented Edges, High Pass and Solid Color (this last for the pink bg). Slight vignette.
C&C welcome.

Steve Maxson
04-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi Anita. The pink on pink makes for an interesting effect - you have a way with these flower images! The flower is very colorful, the image is nicely composed, and my eye goes directly to the center of the flower (I'm wondering if you could tweak the sharpness in just that central area?). You might consider cloning the bit of green leaf in the UR and there is a black line on the bottom left that could easily be removed. This is very nicely done! :S3:

Dennis Bishop
04-06-2012, 10:46 AM
You're certainly right about this view of hellebores normally being hidden. It's a shame, too, as your image shows. I like what you've done. Pink and green is a great combination. The soft pink vignette is a nice addition. I also like the perspective with the flower facing the larger negative space on the right. Steve's suggestion about sharpening the center a bit might be a good idea. Alternatively, I might consider a slight blur of the greener leaf, instead. However, it's very nice just the way it is.

Anita Bower
04-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Thank you both. I hadn't noticed the black bottom left. Easy to fix. I wondered about that leaf in UR.

Anita Bower
04-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Is this better?

jack williamson
04-07-2012, 07:23 AM
This is a blast of color. The repost looks good with good sharpness and I like how you colored the BG.

Jack

Ken Childs
04-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Anita, Steve covered my thoughts on the OP and the repost looks great! Well done!

Anita Bower
04-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Thank you, Jack and Ken!

Roman Kurywczak
04-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Great advice above and nice job with the repost too! Great to see something this unusual!!!