PDA

View Full Version : White-eared Honeyeater (Lichenostomus leucotis) Tidbinbilla ACT

Rod Warnock
04-04-2012, 05:26 PM
White-eared Honeyeater (Lichenostomus leucotis) Tidbinbilla ACT Australia
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM ISO400 F7.1 1/640 flash 4 April 2012 10.30am
Near a stream at Tibinbilla I could hear these White-eared Honeyeayers calling in the tree tops .I got glimpses as they fed in some smaller trees but still to high for images. I played their call and this bird landed in front of me allowing two images and was gone. Birds in Backyards has the usual informative fact sheet at : http://birdsinbackyards.net/species/Lichenostomus-leucotis
Earlier two years I did get images as they drank at a waterhole at Round Hill in mallee scrub out near Lake Cargellico NSW, so I was anxious to get a closer image and this was the opportunity.
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

gail bisson
04-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Really nice look at a bird I have never heard of , much less seen in real life. Good BG and simple perch . I like how the filtered light is on the eye. Wish for tail to be in focus but this is minor nit,
Gail
PS Do you take special precautions against all the possible poisonous snakes in the bush or just watch where you step?

Kaustubh Deshpande
04-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Rod, beautiful bird. Nice pose and BG. These are hard to capture...well done. If you have some more room on top in the orig, then I'd leave that in.