PDA

View Full Version : Decisions

Don Lacy
04-03-2012, 06:25 PM
When I decided to replace my 40D last year I ended up going with a 1D MKIII and after using it for a year I love the files it produces but I do encounter inconsistent AF on occasions I now have the opportunity to purchase a 7D and since the seller is a friend he let me take the camera for the week to shoot with. Yesterday I took it to my local inlet and played around with it so far so good but I am not sure I am willing to give up the 1d MKIII files for the slightly better AF oh well decision decisions. Oh yeah heres one of my local Ruddy Turnstones that hang around all year.

7D, 300 f/4 + 1.4 TC, 1/1600 @ f/7.1, Aperture Priority, Evaluative Metered, ISO 400, Raw, HH, Full Frame and for those out there who want out know how to handle the 7D noise never apply global sharpening at any stage including capture sharpening if using ACR its easy to mask out solid BG and OOF areas, after downsizing for the web make a selection of your subject inverse the selection and use the noise filter in PS inverse the selection again and apply sharpening only to the subject. This is a quick and easy way to clean up the file and will work for most images.

arash_hazeghi
04-03-2012, 07:31 PM
sweet Don, this is great love the pose and details. I might crop it a bit tighter on the top

Sid Garige
04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Exceptional image Don. Brilliant pose and wonderful details. Excellent.

Alan Murphy
04-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Perfect position on the rock and a great pose.

Stu Bowie
04-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Hi Don, picture perfect. What a great pose and HA, and your low shooting angle is spot on. Well placed in the frame, and you have brought out the detail and colours nicely. I agree about taking some off the top.

Frank Schauf
04-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Excellent light, details and bg.

Robert Holguin
04-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Wonderful shot. Real nice light, great pose, and excellent details.
Well done.