PDA

View Full Version : Colorful lizard

Jerry van Dijk
04-03-2012, 02:38 PM
It's been ages been ages since I have been able to contribute to BPN, and for photographing for that matter. I was finally able to do some photography during a trip with my family to the zoo. This zoo has an indoor reconstruction of a jungle, with free roaming animals and birds. It's quite big (1.5 ha) so finding the animals is quite a challenge. We found this lizard while looking at some tropical flowers.

Nikon D7000, Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF AF Micro, handheld, ISO-400, f/5.6, 1/200 sec, -0.3 EV.
ACR6.3: exposure, clarity, vibrance, sharpness, NR. CS5: additional sharpness on the eye.

Steve Maxson
04-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi Jerry. Cool colors, excellent sharpness around the head where it most needs it, and a good background. The lizard gave you a nice pose and I like the way the eye is pointing to the left. In an ideal world, I would wish for a little more DOF, but for hh you didn't have too much leeway here. This is very nicely done!

Ken Childs
04-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Jerry, I agree with Steve on all counts except for the eye. It's a great shot but if there had been eye contact, this one would have been over the top!

Jerry van Dijk
04-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks for commenting! Indeed I couldn't stop down much more because of the low light conditions. Because the animals are quite elusive in this part of the zoo, I drew a crowd quite quickly while photographing. The lizard got quite distracted by all the people gazing and pointing at it :eek3::bugeyed:! I got one shot with eye contact, but it had a bit of motion blur.

bhavya joshi
04-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Love the Pose and Sharpness.. Beautiful and nice color patterns lizard you found.. TFS